Web & Digital Communications Manager
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Web and Digital Communications Manager ensures that Virginia Hospital Center website's content and functions support the Hospital's brand and volume growth initiatives and other strategic communication efforts. This hands-on communications role manages both the Hospital's current website and website vendor's concurrent design/development of new Hospital website. Responsible for creating for sites' content, maintaining their functionality and ensuring accessibility. Serves as contact for all Hospital departments for website-related requests, training and assistance. Responsible for execution and/or oversight of all web-based activity. Reports any technical or performance issues and ensures they are resolved. Liaises between vendor and internal/external 3rd parties as needed. Uses analytics to make site improvements, support growth initiatives and measure effectiveness of web-based activities. Participates in website strategic planning and recommends improvements and tactics to support the Hospital's volume growth. Also leverages social media accounts as key engagement and promotional vehicles.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism or marketing is preferred.
- Minimum of four years' experience in website management using content management systems, including site functionality and content development.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of website best practices and web analytics.
- Excellent organization, project- and time-management skills.
- Ability to use software including MS Office (particularly Excel and Powerpoint), and SEO skills.
- Use content management system [CMS] to update content and functionality of Hospital's existing website (both desktop and mobile versions) and maintain the integration of 3rd party applications such as patient portal/EHR, Medical Staff Office [MSO] physician database, online scheduling and bill-pay functions.
- Uses CMS to create and update web contents to improve user experience and support Hospital growth and communication initiatives, news and events. Write robust content, using best practices related to search engine optimization and keyword use.
- Create and integrate patient-friendly forms and functions.
- Grant CMS access rights to select Hospital departments when appropriate and oversee their activity.
- Provide mandatory CMS, writing and accessibility training.
- Provide ongoing support and step-by-step assistance as needed for them to add events and content to site.
Apply on company website